<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1695000337131914079?origin\x3dhttp://allyskate.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
allyskate @blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Hey, I was pretty sure I updated during this month. But come to think of it, I was really busy.
It was a month that made my heart constantly work out and the adrenaline in my veins flowing full time. There are 3 events to talk about, in fact that caused the month to be a thrilling , yet satisfying ride.
Firstly, I finally performed in a Dance performance! The rehearsals were everyday the first two weeks of school. It was a sweaty, hard time. We had some during the June holidays, 3 times a week for the first 2 weeks, if my memory serves me right. I wore a blue and black costume, which is similar to that of Princess Jasmine.
Secondly, I had NAPFA. Normally, I don't even bother about it as long as I can pass. Gold stole my attention. I needed to retake my run to get a gold. I have always wanted it, just that I never had self discipline to push myself hard enough for it. As they often say, Gold can motivate many to do impossible and insane things.Turns out, skating and dancing twice a week each was worth it.I ran 3 times that week to prepare myself for my upcoming run.
Now, this 2 important things coincidentally fell on the same day to my horror. I kept thinking that one would flop for the other to exceed but I worked so hard for both for all my efforts to be washed away like that. I did not give my 100% in the run. I ran at a relaxed pace. To my relief, it was enough! God helps those who help themselves. The performance preparation calmed me down and when I got out there, I just gave it my best. Although I heard my name being loudly called out, I could feel confidence building in me. So what if I made a mistake? These people were people I knew and there was nothing else I could do but try. So the music ended and I hopped off the stage, glad that I had contributed to Dance after all my years in this CCA and a new perspective to performing, It was always a way to have fun and now, it was a way to express myself.
Finally, the common test was just around the corner. I worked so hard whenever I could, since I didn't have enough time due to dance and skating once a week .I fell ill for 2 papers. I took one in a fever, failed the other because my grades were never consistent in class tests.I guess sleep was important issue too. i didn't get enough often and couldn't absorb well.
After that, I changed some things with my lifestyle but that's for the next month entry.