<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/1695000337131914079?origin\x3dhttp://allyskate.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
allyskate @blogspot.com ♥
Tuesday, September 9, 2014

I am so sad about how this book was depicted in the movies. It was one of my all time favourite books although I couldn't really remember the title. It was one if those books that I could say helped to define me.

The story is about a young girl who loves the cello. When she gets into a fatal car accident that killed her family but her, she struggled to find a reason to live. Her passion was something she talked about alot and I found that it resonated deep with me.

You see, when you have passion, nothing else matters when you are doing it. sometimes we get caught up in prestige, maybe a mastery of techniques making us feel like playing or continuing with it stressful but ultimately its part of us. It's something you can't live about, maybe something you were meant to do.

I am so so disappointed that her boyfriend became the main focus of the story when the book is one of the rarest stories that show how true passions exist and what we do to pursue it. It motivated me at a time when I was about to give up on mine. Other parts I found about her family and friends also were relatable to me.

I can't give a verdict on this movie because while I wished I didn't watch it so that I wouldn't be so affected by a book of my past and thinking about everything that has in between, the movie was romantic, it was a tear jerker, and it still left that feeling of hope and happiness at the end of it, like the book.

Read the book! This isn't another young adult romance, chick flick book. Its truly soul searching!
I hope you have a good day and may you find something that could consumes you, whether its romance or your passion. I know its changed my life.